Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Time Out #44...Happy Mother's Day




Hello and welcome to a new challenge at Time Out.  This week, our challenge is a CASE challenge, and we have this gorgeous card from Karen of Snippets to inspire us.

Karen's Inspiration Card


I was inspired by the layout of Karen's card as well as her technique.  It looked to me like she had stencilled an image, and then sprayed drops of water on her image.  

So.....I used an ARTplorations Old Rose stencil and Distress Abandoned Coral ink to create my colored panel, dropped some water on the flowers using just a little paint brush, and then stamped my sentiment partly on my image and partly on my card front, just like Karen.

I did not set out to make a Mother's Day card, but that is what this card wanted to be, so I went with it.  Sometimes that just happens, and I will now have a head start for next May.



I hope that you will take some Time Out to play along with us over the next two weeks.  Please see the Time Out challenge blog to see more inspiration from the Design Team and our Guest Designer Jen.


Thanks for Visiting

19 comments :

  1. This is beautiful Joyce. Gorgeous colour and perfect use of the stencil and sentiment. I had thought Keren's card was a one layer so well spotted....attention to detail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how you start a card and then during making can't get it to go a different direction :) The roses look indeed perfect for a mother'sdaycard! Think it is a beauty! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the colour you used and that stencil. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool technique! Such a pretty result!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you added the sentiment. Gorgeous Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your roses are beautiful, Joyce I love and how you have done the sentiment!!! The colour is lovely and I love the effect of the droplets!!! So beautiful!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This totally rocks :) love the beautifully inked roses !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful roses! I love this CAS card, and it's perfect for Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce, these are so beautiful. I love your the wonderful effect you created, just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your rose panel is stunning, what a great take on the inspiration card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A CAS beauty, Joyce ... elegant and so striking! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That coral colour is gorgeous and perfect for the roses. And hey, it's never too early to make any kind of card I say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful take on Karen's card. I love how you did the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card, with what seems a simple technique . Can't wait to try this out sometime! Beautiful take on Karen's card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty Joyce - that colour is absolutely perfect for the stencil you used. It is a wonderful Mother's Day card! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful take on Karen's card! The stencil design is wonderful and I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The splatters add a lot of interest! Very artsy and pretty! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, those roses...and that lovely sentiment! Soooo pretty!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...