Monday, March 16, 2015

Happy Birthday and Gorgeous Day



Hello and happy Monday.  I've got a quick post with 2 cards I made yesterday.

First up is a card inspired by the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch #114.   I used Modern Mehndi stamps and Stitched Rectangle Dies, both by Lil Inker.



A lot of masking on this card.  After my stamping, I used Distress Markers to color only the flowers that were meant to be the top layer, and then cut and popped up my center panel.

I am also entering this card at Lil Inker Monthly Meet Up Challenge.




My next card uses a small flower from Hero Arts Blossom art.  I colored the flowers (and tried to shade them) with Copic markers, doodled a bit on the centers, and then coated them with Wink of Stella.



Here is how I did it.  I started with a single piece of cardstock cut to 4 1/4 by 5 1/2.  I stamped the three flowers that I wanted popped up in grey.  I stamped them exactly where I wanted to put the popped up flowers.  Then, using black Memento ink, I stamped the flowers that would not be popped up and colored them.  I could see where the other flowers would be adhered, so I only needed to color the middle sections of these flowers.  I stamped 3 more flowers on scrap cardstock in black, colored and fussy cut them out.  I fussy cut along the top of the flowers stamped on my card front, attached the three popped up flowers and then adhered the entire panel on to a card base, which had a piece of green patterned paper adhered to the top.

I am entering the following challenges:  A Blog Named Hero Bright and Bold, Color Throwdown #333 (just squeaking in), and Fusion.




Thanks for Visiting

21 comments :

  1. Well - I am so impressed with the magnificence of your first card - so trendy and cool and love how you only colored in a part of the images!!! The second card is gorgeous and I love those purple blooms against the green border and then the way the whole thing just pops against the white card front!! Brilliantly done!! Have an awesome week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had much better luck with the Hero Arts blooms than I did, Joyce - mine went in the bin! Love your Lil Inker design... is the popped up panel cut from the lower? or did you stamp/mask/stamp again? However you did this, it is fabulous!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first card is stunning Joyce...nuf said!! And the second is as pretty as can be. I like the bright green and purple, so fresh and springy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the coloring with the black and white on the first card, Joyce. That seemed like a lot of cutting on the second one but it was worth it for such a unique look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cards Joyce. Love the spotlight coloring on the first one... great take on the sketch. The flowers are beautiful on the second. Love the fussy-cutting. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great floral designs! Love the line of bold purple flowers with the touch of sparkle. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce your cards are fabulous! I love Modern Mehndi and your colouring is perfect! Next those purple Wink of Stella blooms are gorgeous. So many challenges, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fabulous cards...I am in love with your Modern Mehndi, just stunning. And your coloring, spot on! Your second card is just so sweet, love your beautiful purple posies, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both of your cards! Love how the colored images on the Modern Mehndi card pop on the popped up panel. What a sweet design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Each of your cards is wonderful! I just love how you focused the coloring on a couple of flowers, and the masking is excellent! Thanks for sharing how you put those flowers together on your second card. It's such a great idea and turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two gorgeous cards, Joyce! I love how you did selective coloring on the first one, and the color combo on your second card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that style of stamp on the first card, so whimsical. I like the whole design. It looks like you have to put quite a bit of thought into it, but well worth it! And for the second card I'm always a fan of bright green and purple together-very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you used your Modern Mehndi stamp! That partial colouring is so striking! Leaving with lots of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the doodling in the purple blooms! It's just the added touch that makes it complete. Thanks for playing with us over at A Blog Named Hero!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love that first card with selected images only with color! striking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. FANTABULOUS cards. Love the purple against the striped green background - makes those blooms POP.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two lovely floral cards Joyce! the stamping with no coloring on the first is so pretty! and I love your row of purple blooms on your Fusion Card! thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The modern mendhi is so striking, Joyce ... love how you've just coloured one bloom each side of the panel ... they really draw the eye in! The purple posies with the striped green are so pretty ... loving that touch of WOS! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Joyce, both your cards are amazing! The first with the pop of color is awesome and I love the design on the second! Thank you for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OK, seriously love your mendhi flowers on the stitched panel and card base ... and the colored parts too! AND, you know I love your doodling. So happy to see it on the flowers! You can really change your stamps up that way! So glad you joined the Fusion Challenge, Joyce!

    PS. thanks so much for sending me the pic of your amazing wall of organization! WOW. What a great idea to use the whole wall like that. I can imagine how jealous the play date moms were : ) I haven't replied yet because I've been waiting to clean up my wall of storage (not as large as yours!) so I can send you a photo. Little did you know that you've been my motivation to get that done for the last couple weeks : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...