Tuesday, May 20, 2014

CASology Week #96:









It's Tuesday and that means it is time for a new challenge at CASology.  Our cue word this week is FLOWER.   What a fabulous cue word for spring, when temperatures are rising, and signs of new life are everywhere.  My biggest challenge with this cue word was deciding which of my flower stamps and dies to use. Yes, if you have visited this blog before, you will know that I kind of have a thing for flower stamps.  As in--a girl can never have too many flower stamps.  But, hey, at least I don't collect shoes, right?




I decided to use a flower stamp that is new to me--Year of Flowers Daffodils.  I paper pieced the flower and stem so I did not have to color, and used the sentiment that was included in the stamp set. 

How about you?  What do you think of when you see the word FLOWER?   What is your favorite flower?  Have some fun with this cue word, and then please link up your creation on the CASology blog by Monday 5/26 at noon (CST).

Since CASology is a Clean And Simple challenge, I thought it would be helpful to review some things to keep in mind when creating a CAS design:

1.  One main image


2.  Lots of open space (uncluttered)
3.  Limited layers & embellishments
4.  Quick & easy to recreate
 
You can see that my card meets all 4 criteria above.
 
So, what do you think of when you see the word FLOWER?
 
Check out the beautiful designs from the CASology Design Team members and see how they were inspired by FLOWER.  Then, please play along and link your creation to the CASology blog by Monday 5/26 at noon (CST).  

Don't forget to keep your card Clean and Simple.
 

23 comments :

  1. Love how you've updated this classic symbol of spring with paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Year of the flowers...great idea to use one of those pretty flowers for this week Joyce...and yes, I can imagine you had a very hard time choosing which one of your "many" flower stamps to use! This week is going to very popular at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the paper pieced daffodil, Joyce! I hope you are enjoying this cooler weather as much as I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That daffodil has such a happy, elegant feel about it! I love how you paper pieced it! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card.- love the paper pieced daffodil. I'm with you on the... a girl can never have too many flower stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LIKE your polk dot daffodil, sweet card Joyce!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pretty paper-pieced flower, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glorious, Joyce ... such perfect paper piecing! Flower stamps are always a Good Thing ... after all, you can't stamp shoes (unless you're particularly vexed that is!) Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful daffodil Joyce! Your paper piecing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous paper piecing :) love the design

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful CAS paper pieced flower, love this !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never remember to paper piece. I should....this is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the paper piecing...
    gorgeous!
    And what do I think of when I think of flowers...
    the baby child trying to pick and bring all of my mothers inside! :)
    Seriously...
    we just left my mom's and you guessed it...
    he left with a bouquet of blooms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really beautiful flower Joyce - I love the paper piecing - I just don't have the patience for it! Explains my die cut fetish LOL! The yellow is so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet card! Love the paper pieced daffodil!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So crisp and easy breezy, what FRESH air this is to me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect flower for Springtime! Love the paper piecing, and what a wonderful sentiment. This is just lovely! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  18. Joyce...this is just beautiful. What a fabulous and clever way to use that stamp. So sweet done in polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Joyce, this is such a happy, cheery image and so perfectly paper-pieced! Beautiful sentiment, too...a gorgeous card all around!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty, I love your sweet daffodil.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great bold flower! Love how you can paper piece them. I don't have any of the YOF sets, makes me want some.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super pretty card, love the paper piecing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...